Wednesday, February 20, 2008

BURSTING!


I am bursting with ideas today! Actually, have been for a couple weeks- but it has reached a crescendo of sleepless nights dreaming in primary colors a la Gabriele Munter and Matisse. I started taking a painting class with Valerie McCaffery http://www.valeriemccaffrey.com/ at her "Garage SChool of Art" in Beverly Farms. The serendipity connection to Valerie is subject to an entirely different post which I will write about another day when there isn't so much to say. Anyway - I can hardly contain myself. Truly feel like hyperventilating with so many ideas bursting in my brain. I want to do them ALL at once and am writing them down, sketching them, googling them and dreaming of them as fast as I can! where to begin?

I finished the Dotson main painting prject which has taken up the first 6 weeks of this year. A fabulous job- I will sorely miss them - I wish I ha dgotten to know them more before they were moving ACROSS the country. The freedom I was given to create was incredible. I finished the table Suday night. Shellaced Monday and Tuesday and they took it away today. Here is a picture of it - I will put multiple detailed pictures of it on my www.dancingrabbit.blogspot.com page. Anyway - My studio is relatively empty now - a far cry from two siz foot cabinets and an 8 foot table. I spent the day yesterday re-organizing my studio - putting everything in a semblance of order .I feel that I am taking ownership of it now. It is legitimate so I can truly make it work swimmingly. It is amazing how creative you feel when all your materials are tucked neatly away where you KNOW where tey all are and therefore they are not goingto be hard to find. It unleashes the juices!

No comments: